Do you want to help Lead on Project day?
Team Leads are The Project's event staff. They are one of the most valuable pieces of this event, because it's the Team Leads who are really in charge on event day. It's a great opportunity for leadership experience, extra safety and facilitator training, and for a bigger piece of the action on Project day. A full training curriculum is provided for each Team Lead area, and all meals are provided on Project day.
Each Team Lead is required to attend four training sessions and three work days before the Project and must be available all day on March 2nd, 2024.
Team Lead positions are available in the following areas:
1. Site Leaders - Site leaders will manage all aspects of a work site, including: volunteer and site contact communication, volunteer safety, tools and supplies, completion of work at the site, pre/post shift volunteer reflections, site reports and pictures, and the overall volunteer work experience. The goal is to have one site leader for every 15 volunteers on event day. Returning team leads are preferred, but not required, for this position.
2. Volunteer Check-In - Check-In Team Leads are responsible for organizing and staffing the check-in tables on event day, confirming/overseeing waiver signatures, distribution of t-shirts to volunteers, communication with bus drivers and bus Team Leads, and providing work site maps/addresses to volunteers.
3. Buses/Transportation - Bus and Transportation Team Leads will be the main line of communication between registration and the site leaders. They will ride the buses that transport volunteers, helping drivers hit the right bus stops, navigate, provide information, lunches, and thank-you gifts for the bus drivers.
4. General Information and Parking - General Information Team Leads will be the first to answer any and all volunteer and community partner questions on event day. They will staff the information tent throughout the day, and will - on a rotating basis - direct both on-foot and vehicle traffic near headquarters, make and hang all event signage, and welcome VIPs to the event.
5. Kick-off and VIP's - Kick-Off/VIP Team Leads are the official hosts of the events for city officials and speakers who welcome the volunteers before each shift. They will create displays, videos, and schedule for the kick-off program on event day, welcome VIPs to the event, host executive briefings for VIPs and press following the kick-off program, and assemble and distribute press packets for the executive briefing.
6. Tools and Supplies - Tools and Supplies Team Leads will manage storage, acquisition, and return of tools for the event, manage tool distribution (check-out and return) of tools on event day, manage supply movement between sites and from headquarters, and maintain a system of communication between site leaders to allocate supplies most efficiently.